This Lolita Wig – Natural Red hangs just below the shoulder, with nice soft curls. Change your look, change your attitude! Here is a great costume wig! The Lolita Wig – Natural Red is made of synthetic fiber, and is hand washable.
We recommend wearing a wig cap with this wig.
The following tips and instructions will assist you in maintaining your costume wig. They will help keep it in like-new condition as long as possible. Taking care of your wigs can make a big difference in how they look and how long they last.
Putting on a wig:
There is a tendency to flip the wig upside-down, exposing the wig’s cap then put it on sort of upside-down. Don’t do this! This method will likely ruin the hairstyle of your expensive and inexpensive wigs. It could cause major tangles, especially with longer fibers.
Follow these four steps to put it on perfectly, with minimal mussing:
- Grasp the front hairline of the wig with your right hand, and the center of the back with your left. You should be holding the wig upright, with one hand on top and one on the bottom.
2. Holding on with both hands the whole time, circle the wig around your head to the left. So, the wig is now being held behind and sort of above your head.
3. Looking in a mirror, place the wig on your head, arranging the front hairline to the position you want. Hold the front in place as you pull the back over your head
4. Voila! Make any final adjustments so that your entire hairline is covered, and secure in place with bobby pins if needed.
Styling a costume wig:
Finger-comb the wig to remove any large tangles. Start at the tips and work up. Don’t pull too hard, or you may cause the fibers to stretch and fray, making even more tangles! The simplest product to keep your wig detangled and smooth is hand moisturizer. Rub a small amount between your hands, then run them over the wig. Don’t use too much, or your wig will look greasy. Always remove any loose hairs. You can also use a soft-bristled hairbrush to smooth down any wayward strands (straight hair wigs only – not recommended for curls). Don’t use hair spray. Don’t use heat to style your wig. Heat melts the fibers!
How to store a wig:
We recommend you keep your wig within the net and bag provided to keep the dust out. If you’d prefer to keep it on display, a wig head or wig holder is the proper way to display your wig.
How to wash a wig*:
- Detangle your wig by using a big brush (straight styles only) or a wide tooth comb. Curly wigs should be untangled by hand, no combs or brushes. Use your fingers to separate the individual curls so that they retain their shape.
- Fill a basin or a container with cool water and mix in a bit of shampoo and conditioner. Immerse your wig and swirl it around gently. Let it soak for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse your wig by gently running cool water over it. Do not rub as it will tangle up the wig.
- Pat dry with towel. Do not wring or rub as, again, it will mess up the wig. A hair dryer on a Cool setting may be used to speed drying time. Do not apply heat in any form to the wig.
- Place your wig on a wig stand and leave to dry.
*We are not responsible for any damage done to the wig while styling, storing, or washing it. Please use your best judgment when handling your wig.