Our elastic fasteners are designed for costume masks and party hats. The 8″ length can stretch to a full 15″ length and ensures a comfortable fit around the head or under the chin, for children as well as adults. The metal end clasps are about 1/2″ long and secure the fastener in the 1/8″ holes of light-weight masks and hats.
Replace broken rubber band fasteners on masks or party hats that you already have, or use these elastic fasteners in the craft design of your own mask or hat creations. Available in black or white, by the piece or by the pack of 144. You will find they are ideal for any individual or any size group project.
How to separate elastic mask fasteners without tangling:
When you purchase a bundle of elastic mask fasteners, it can be frustrating to separate the fasteners without creating a tangled mess. Here are our tips to make it a smooth process:
- Carefully open the package
- Hold the bundle flat on a table or other surface
- Carefully untie the loops around each end of the bundle, holding the bundle flat with your hand
- Use a T pin, needle, straightened paper clip, etc.
- Holding the bundle up with your free hand and using the pin, carefully separate one elastic fastener from the bundle
- Shake it at each end to separate the fastener from the rest of the bundle
- Repeat until you have the needed number of fasteners separated from the bundle
- Re-tie the bundle and save for future use if not all fasteners are needed right away